Emergency Ride Home
Call 1-87-RIDEMATCH for an Emergency Ride Home.
One of the most common reasons people give for not trying commute options is the fear of being stranded at work or unable to get home quickly in an emergency. The Emergency Ride Home program takes the fear out of leaving your car at home. If you are registered as a carpool or vanpool participant in the CommuteSmart database, you are eligible for the Emergency Ride Home program.
I have an emergency. Now what?
|Reimbursement Method||Call CommuteSmart|
How can I get there?
- If the tip is less than 50 miles
- Can include a 10 percent taxi gratuity
- Rental Car
- If the trip is more than 50 miles
- You must have a valid driver's license and major credit card, and be 25 years old to rent a car.
- Just pick up the phone and call CommuteSmart at 1-87-RIDEMATCH
- CommuteSmart will secure a rental car for your trip home
- Return the rental car within 24 hours
How often can I use the program?
Up to five times per year.
CommuteSmart will reimburse up to five rides per year via taxi, rental car or trip reimbursement if someone takes you home. The program can only be used for unexpected emergencies, sickness or unscheduled overtime at the request of your supervisor. It is not intended for rides to work, scheduled appointments or planned overtime. Please make sure you are logging your commutes before requesting use of the Emergency Ride Home service.
Please download the ERH fact sheet for more information about the program or the Trip Summary page if you need to make a reimbursement claim.Employee Reimbursement Trip Summary
Exclusions and Limitations
- Personal errands
- Business-related travel
- Pre-planned appointments (i.e., doctor's visits)
- On-the-job injury
- Working overtime without supervisor's request
- Transportation system delays
- Weather-related events
- Unexpected acts of nature
- General ride to work
- Building closings
The CommuteSmart staff will be available Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to answer any questions/concerns about the ERH protocol. As always, we thank you for choosing CommuteSmart as your commuter services provider.