The Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program takes the fear out of leaving your car at home. If you are registered as a carpool participant in the CommuteSmart Montgomery database and commute at least three (3) times per week, you are eligible for the Emergency Ride Home program.
We offer options for you to make sure that the program fits your needs. You have the option of taking a taxi, using a rental car, or using a family member or coworker to take you home and get reimbursed for the cost of the trip by CommuteSmart Montgomery.
If a CommuteSmart Montgomery participant has an emergency, they have three options to get home or to the emergency:
- CommuteSmart Montgomery Program participant determines appropriate method of transportation and arranges the ride home for his/her self. Method may be (1) a taxi cab, (2) compact rental car, or (3) friend, co-worker or family member.
- CommuteSmart Montgomery Program participant pays for the ERH trip and keeps the receipt for either a taxi or compact rental car; or a record of a friend, family member or co-worker's mileage for an emergency ride home.
- CommuteSmart Montgomery Program participant completes, signs, and mails ERH Program Participant Reimbursement Trip Summary for a taxi, compact rental car or a record of a friend, family member or co-worker's mileage, along with trip receipt, to CommuteSmart Montgomery within ten (10) business days.
- CommuteSmart Montgomery will mail program participant a check in the amount of the ERH trip costs based on rental car or taxi receipts received, or mileage incurred by coworker, friend or family member.
- Please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Exclusions and Limitations Regarding Emergency Ride Home:
- Personal errands
- Business-related travel
- Pre-planned appointments (i.e., doctor's visits)
- On-the-job injury
- Working overtime without supervisor's request
- Transportation system delays
- Weather-related events
- Unexpected acts of nature
- General ride to work
- Building closings
- Company approved Abbreviated Work Days
The City of Montgomery Transportation Planning Staff will be available Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to answer any questions/concerns about the ERH protocol. As always, we thank you for choosing CommuteSmart Montgomery as your commuter services provider - assisting you in finding a smarter way to work.
The City of Montgomery Transportation Planning Staff
(334)625-2763, (334) 241-2754, (334) 241-2736, (334) 241-2734